Basic situation and analysis of electronic connector industry
Shenzhen Liyouda Electronics Co., Ltd. is the main obstacle to the entry of cable manufacturers , terminal wires, etc.
1. Strict supplier certification The market competition for electronic products is fierce, which is largely reflected in the competition of the entire product supply chain. Electronic product brand manufacturers attach great importance to the development of suppliers and the establishment of strategic partnerships, and will look for excellent component suppliers and assembly plants to provide products and services worldwide. Before selecting a supplier and determining a strategic partnership, electronic product brand manufacturers generally have a very strict review process for supplier qualification. During the review process, the supplier's research and development capabilities, production processes, quality management, service flexibility, global Supply capacity and business conditions have imposed strict requirements, especially the ability to cooperate with customers for research and development has become a necessary condition for electronic product brand manufacturers to choose suppliers. It usually takes more than one year for the supplier's qualification certification; after passing a small batch supply test for a period of time, it may not officially become its supplier. Once the connector manufacturer passes the final qualification of the supplier, it will be included in the global supply chain of electronic product brand manufacturers and enter the procurement platform of its global production base, so that the two parties can form a long-term and stable strategic cooperative relationship.
2. Large-scale production of connector products has the characteristics of large-scale production. After achieving large-scale production, the company's advantages in production efficiency, procurement costs and management costs will be clearly reflected. New entrants need to have production factors such as large-scale production plants and machinery and equipment, as well as supporting production management capabilities and quality control capabilities. These require large amounts of capital and long-term management experience and accumulation of manufacturing experience to form industry entry obstacle.
3. Technology and management level The connector industry, especially mid-to-high-end connectors, has strict requirements on mechanical performance, electrical performance, and environmental performance, such as requiring stable performance under high noise, high interference, and harsh environments. Connector manufacturing goes through mold design, stamping, electroplating, injection molding, assembly and other processes. Because quality affects the reliability and stability of signal transmission such as current, the design must take into account issues such as resistance, pin form, and insertion force. High connector R & D design and mold development level. At the same time, the manufacturing process must have mechanical and electronic manufacturing capabilities, and multi-component technology is required. Generally speaking, there are two important links in connector production, one is design, including product design and mold design, and the other is management, including production management, efficiency management, and logistics management. As electronic products update faster and faster, electronic product brand companies need connector manufacturers to have the ability to cooperate with customers in rapid R & D and fast response capabilities, which requires connector manufacturers to have a high level of management. The above technical and management capability requirements will pose obstacles to new entrants to the industry.
4. Human resource barriers Electronic connectors often adopt the method of ordering, design, trial production, and production integration, so manufacturers are required to have strong product design capabilities and trial production test capabilities. And precision electronic connector design technicians must have complete expertise and a wide range of other expertise, and need years of training and practice to truly independently design and develop new products; at the same time, a large number of key process positions on the production line also Experienced skilled workers are needed to be competent. Therefore, there are certain human resource barriers for the industry to new entrants.
Positive and negative factors affecting industry development
1. Favorable factors
(1) Industrial policy support for informatization is the current trend of economic and social development in the world. Driving industrialization with informatization and achieving leapfrog development has become China's basic strategy. The "Eleventh Five-Year Plan" period is a critical period for the upgrading of China's electronic technology and electronic products. National industrial policies support the development of new components in China. As an important branch of the electronics industry, electronic connectors are one of the most widely used electronic components. Widely used in computers, telecommunications, network communications, industrial electronics, transportation, aerospace, medical equipment and automotive industries. The connector industry is a sub-sector in the global electronics industry that is second only to the semiconductor industry and the PCB industry. It is a core sub-sector in the electronics industry with an industry size of nearly 300 billion yuan. It belongs to the industry encouraged by the state .
(2) Broad development space for downstream industries
Universal connector products are mainly used in 3C consumer electronics such as notebook computers, tablet PCs, and mobile phones. As one of the world ’s largest consumer electronics demand markets, the consumption upgrade of Chinese residents will be consumer electronics. The product industry chain provides a huge market and growth space.
(3) Improvement of technical level
The connector industry is widely used in downstream industries such as computers and their peripherals, automobiles, communications, industrial equipment, and aerospace and military. In recent years, the continuous development of downstream industries has imposed new requirements on connector technology: high-speed signal transmission, Digitization and integration; small size, narrow pitch, and multi-function of the product volume; convenience of plugging and modularization; low cost of products; assembly technology development to surface mount (SMT) and micro assembly (MPT), etc. In the face of new changes in connector technology, it has prompted domestic connector manufacturers to continuously increase investment in technology research and development, introduce advanced production equipment, quickly develop new products, improve product technical content, and gradually get rid of homogeneity in low-end and mid-end product types. In the competition, actively follow the cutting-edge technology of connectors, learn new technologies and processes of connectors, continue to develop new products, and expand high-end product lines. Gain market advantage in increasingly fierce competition. In addition, the transfer of international electronics manufacturers to China has not only expanded the market scale of connectors, but also brought advanced technology into China, which has also strongly promoted the overall level of connector manufacturing in China. In addition, the improvement of technological content has also raised the industry entry threshold. The above factors have urged the connector industry to increase market concentration, avoid disorderly competition within the industry, and ensure the healthy development of the industry.
2. Unfavorable factors
The development of China's connector industry started late and its technology accumulation is insufficient. Except for a few domestic and foreign manufacturers transformed by military enterprises, which can produce some mid-to-high-end products, the overall technological level of the domestic connector industry is still far behind the international advanced level. Technically at a disadvantage in international competition. In addition, on the whole, there are many small-scale domestic manufacturers and few large-scale enterprises. There is still a certain difference between the industrial concentration and countries such as Europe, the United States, and Japan. This will inevitably affect the investment in the industry and make domestic companies in Disadvantaged position.